283 Main, 350 Bore Size Short-Deck Bowtie Race Block
- CNC cast-iron competition block designed for drag racing, road racing or restricted oval track racing!
- 4-bolt steel mains, 20° splayed caps on center three mains
- 8.325" deck (Standard deck blocks are 9.025 inches), can be machined to 8.200" deck height
- Camshaft is raised 0.433" to 4.955"
- Cam bearing bores machined for 2.250" O.D. x 1.875 roller bearings
- 3.980" rough bore
- 4.185" max bore (minimum of .250" cylinder bore wall thickness)
- Integral oil restrictors
- Must use Big-Block water pump, must raise water pump with adapters for balancers larger than 6"
- Olds Aurora V-8 bell housing bolt pattern (12.25" max flywheel diameter)
- Lifter holes and cylinder head bolt holes are not drilled
- Will accept standard, SB2.2 and splayed valve lifter patterns
- Can be machined to accept any Small-Block Chevy cylinder head
- Shorter than production pushrods required
- Tested to over 800 horsepower!
- Water jacket core plugs are 1.5" press-in
- Oil galley plugs are AN O-ring style