Exculsive LS3 Based Cheverolet Performance Racing Engoine is a Lightweight Powerhouse
Chevrolet Performance’s CT525 6.2L crate engine is based on the latest-generation “LS” engine family and delivers serious power for serious racing series, including Super Late Model and similar. It is rated at 525 hp and 471 lb-ft of torque!
This 6.2L engine is similar to the LS3 V-8 that is standard in the Chevrolet Corvette, but we’ve adapted it to Circle Track racing with a carburetor intake manifold, 6-quart racing oil pan, and more. The engine is lightweight and strong, using an aluminum block with cross-bolted six-bolt main caps and high-flow LS3 rectangular-port cylinder heads.
The CT525 6.2L comes with coil-on-plug ignition, a water pump, exhaust manifolds and an SFI-certified balancer. It also comes with a 14-inch/168-tooth automatic transmission flexplate. All that’s needed to complete the assembly is a carburetor, starter, and our LSX ignition controller P/N 19171130.
CT525 TECH SPECS
Part Number: 19331563
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 226° Intake / 236° Exhaust
Engine Type: LS Series Gen IV Small Block V8
Displacement (cu. in.): 376 (6.2L)
Horse Power: 525
Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.065 x 3.62 (103.25 x 92mm)
Block (P/N 12623967): Cast Aluminum with 6-Bolt, Cross Bolted Main Caps
Crankshaft (P/N 12597569): Nodular Iron
Connecting Rods (P/N 12607475): Powdered Metal
Pistons (P/N 19207287): Hypereutectic Aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 88958770): Hydraulic Roller
Valve Lift (in.): .525 Intake / .525 Exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12629063): LS3 Rectangle Port; Aluminum “As Cast” with 68-cc Chambers
Valve Size (in.): 2.165 Intake / 1.590 Exhaust
Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 12569167 int): Investment Cast, Roller Trunnion
Rocker Arms (P/N 10214664 exh): Investment Cast, Roller Trunnion
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Recommended Fuel: 92 Octane
Maximum Recommended Rpm: 6700
Reluctor Wheel: 58X
- Use LSX ignition controller P/N 19171130 (page 258, not included, shown below)
- Requires addition of carburetor, starter, exhaust system, and front accessory drive system
- Includes 14-inch 168-tooth automatic transmission flexplate
- The 6 quart Circle Track oil pan is designed to clear most GM rear-steer chassis with stock engine location. Requires external oil filter and cooler (will increase capacity to approximately 8 quarts)
- For Circle Track Racing only – Not intended for street use.