LSX Cylinder Heads
LSX CY LINDER HEADS
Extending the performance range of the LSX platform are Chevrolet Performance's new, 6-bolt LSX cylinder heads. Many are capable of flowing more than 400 cfm and their 6-bolts-per-cylinder clamping design gives them bomb-proof strength. Your horsepower-building potential is nearly unlimited with LSX heads.
These aluminum masterpieces of performance feature port and chamber designs based on popular and performance-proven production-style heads, such as the LS3/L92 and LS7 heads. They are easily identified by the engraved LSX logo on the ends.
All LSX heads are made of 356-T6 aluminum and feature a 5/8" thick deck that allows plenty of room for builder-specified combinations. Additional features include:
- Uses 11mm (10) and 8mm (13) head bolts (not included, see drawing on page 235)
- Accommodates production valvetrain components (except for Drag Racemand Circle Track heads)
- Includes premium beehive-type valve springs (except for Drag Race and Circle Track heads)
- Extra material cast in the port areas to accommodate professional porting
- Valve guides for 8mm valve stems, except DR & CT Racing-specific LSX-DR (Drag Racing) and LSX-CT (Circle-Track) heads feature raised runner designs and other unique features designed to maximize performance at the track.